Job Opening for IT Network Technician
Telephone Communications Inc (TCI) has an opening for an IT Network Technician. TCI is the leading low-voltage general contractor and IT services firm in Eastern Alabama. TCI is located in Anniston, AL and services a 60 mile radius around the Greater Calhoun, Etowah, Talladega, and St. Clair Counties Area. The position of IT Network Technician is to be filled by a person who is honest, hard-working, self-learning, team-oriented, and looking for employment longevity. If you possess the necessary below qualifications and want to be a part of a highly service-oriented company, then send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Troubleshoots and remediates hardware, software, and network-related problems encountered with customers' computers, networks, Internet, and other networked equipment; remotely and on-site.
- Implements monitoring agent and appropriate checks on customer systems; monitors and responds to alerts from monitoring software system.
- Plans service calls and installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools; assessing installation site; if needed, preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice, video, and data networks by running, pulling, and terminating cables; installing voice-over-IP equipment, surveillance cameras, firewalls, wireless access points, and switches; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; coordinating with other contractors.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying vehicle stock, placing order requests, and verifying delivery.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhances organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Associate degree in computer related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 2 years experience in computer and network implementation and remediation.
- Possession of or willingness to obtain industry standard certifications, such as CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications or equivalent.
- Understanding of basic electronic troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of local area network and wide area network technologies.
- Ability to manage service requests and multi-task.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain computer and network hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of network protocols, security, and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of operating systems and software implementation, troubleshooting, and remediation.
- Ability to analyze information and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to solve problems concisely and efficiently.
- Self-motivated and self-learning.
- Strong ability to communicate, verbally and written, with technical and non-technical individuals.
Pay packages include a hourly pay rate based upon experience with group health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, accidental death and disability insurance, 401(K) retirement, vacation time, personal time, regularly scheduled performance reviews, and a team-oriented work environment that gives you the opportunity to make a difference every day.