Job Opening for Electronic Security Systems Technician
Telephone Communications Inc (TCI) has an opening for an Electronic Security Systems Technician. TCI is the leading low-voltage general contractor and IT services firm in Eastern Alabama. TCI is located in Anniston, AL and services a 60 mile radius around the Greater Calhoun, Etowah, Talladega, and St. Clair Counties Area. The position of Electronic Security Systems Technician is to be filled by a person who is honest, hard-working, self-starter, team-oriented, and looking for employment longevity. If you possess the necessary below qualifications and want to be a part of a highly service-oriented company, then send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Establishes security, CCTV, access control, and fire alarm services by installing and servicing security, CCTV, access control and fire alarm systems and equipment; verifying system performance; maintaining records
- Plans service calls and installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools; assessing installation site; if needed, preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, and terminating cables; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; coordinating with other contractors.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying vehicle stock, placing order requests, and verifying delivery.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhances organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Associate degree in an Electronics related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 2 years experience in electronic security installation and troubleshooting.
- Possession of or willingness to obtain industry standard and State of Alabama alarm technician certifications, such as NTS Technician Level I / Level II.
- Understanding of basic electronic troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of local area network technologies is helpful.
- Ability to manage service requests and multi-task.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain electronic security hardware, software, and related equipment.
- Ability to analyze information and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to solve problems concisely and efficiently.
- Self-starter, but able to work with a team.
- Strong ability to communicate, verbally and written, with technical and non-technical individuals.
Pay packages include a hourly pay rate based upon experience with Section 105 - health reimbursement plan (HRP), accidental death and disability insurance, 401(K) retirement, vacation time, personal time, regularly scheduled performance reviews, and a team-oriented work environment that gives you the opportunity to make a difference every day.